简体中文
繁體中文
English
Pусский
日本語
ภาษาไทย
Tiếng Việt
Bahasa Indonesia
Español
हिन्दी
Filippiiniläinen
Français
Deutsch
Português
Türkçe
한국어
العربية
Trump Says John Deere Will Invest $70 Million To Build Excavator Factory In North Carolina
Abstract:President Donald Trump announced on Jan. 27 that farm equipment maker John Deere will invest $70 mil
President Donald Trump announced on Jan. 27 that farm equipment maker John Deere will invest $70 million to build an excavator factory in North Carolina.
“It‘s brand new, the best in the world. AndI think it’s going to pay off very, very big,” the president said during an event in Iowa. “We dont make them here. This is going to be the only excavator entirely made in the United States of America.”
The White House later said in a post on X that John Deere will build two new factories in the United States, including one in North Carolina that will help “move excavator production BACK to America.”
The second factory is a state-of-the-art distribution center, which will be built near Hebron, Indiana, the company said in a Jan. 27 statement. Both facilities are expected to open next year, it said.
John Deere said the North Carolina plant will manufacture excavators previously produced in Japan and will employ more than 150 workers when it opens.
The company said that it has broken ground on the Indiana project, a facility designed to streamline John Deeres operations and ensure the timely delivery of equipment and parts. The project is expected to generate about 150 jobs, it added.
“Our investment in these new facilities underscores John Deeres dedication to strengthening the backbone of American industry and supporting local economies,” John Deere CEO John May said. “We believe in building America, and these projects represent our intent to continue driving innovation and job creation in the United States.”
John Deere said last year that it would invest $20 billion in the United States over the next decade, calling it “a powerful signal” of its long-term commitment to building and growing domestically.
The company also made clear that it has no plans to shut down domestic manufacturing.
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller welcomed the move on Jan. 27 and expressed hope that John Deere would choose Texas as the site to build its next factory.
“I applaud President Donald J. Trump for standing up for American workers and bringing manufacturing back home. John Deeres decision to build new factories in the United States is a win for our economy, our workforce, and our national security,” Miller said in a post on Facebook.
“This is the kind of leadership that puts America first and rebuilds our industrial strength. Now lets keep that momentum going and make sure the next one is built right here in Texas.”
Disclaimer:
The views in this article only represent the author's personal views, and do not constitute investment advice on this platform. This platform does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information in the article, and will not be liable for any loss caused by the use of or reliance on the information in the article.
